I talked with C0lin on the phone tonight. He lives in Salt Lake City working at his new job that he loves and is excelling at. He is on a business trip in Oregon. What crazy adventures he is having with his coworkers. He absolutely loves the challenge.
We have been lucky to see each other every weekend since school started and the next three weeks the pattern will continue! He comes up here, I go down there. We are blessed that this is happening in a time of our lives where we can live apart and make it work. We are both so driven and independent.
Sometimes I think 'what does this little shiny rock mean? What does it mean to me?' I will tell you. I accepted this ring from a man I know could provide for me, make me happy, and love me for who I am for the rest of my life. I think about my commitment to my lifelong journey with my best friend every time I see my little ring shine in the light. I smile. I put in my effort and he puts in his. We are in this together. We will never be alone again. I know our little family will be as happy as ever.
Speaking of which....
...for those of you who don't already know. I hit 10 weeks on Sunday. The little one is already over an inch long.
10 comments:
aww Naomi!! I love you and Colin and your guys' relationship! you guys are such good examples for all of us around you!
i absolutely love this post! congrats little family of yours:)
Congrats! How exciting :)
Congratulations Naomi and Colin!!! We are so very happy for you! Glad you are so very content and happy in your journey together. Make sure you write down those feelings often in a place where you can find them and read them later. You will want them. Congrats again! Love you!
I loved your post! I thought of you during Elder Andersen's GC talk! Em had just told me you were expecting, so I thought about how you must feel at peace with his "multiply and replenish the earth" talk...while others of us didn't ;) Anyway, congratulations!
CONGRATS Naomi and Colin! That is wonderful and I am so excited for you both!!!
Congratulations!!! Oh I am so excited for you! I hope you're feeling ok, and glad that you get to see each other on weekends. What a sacred time... You will look back on it years to come. I just read a post on a blog yesterday talking about the importance of birth and it blew my mind! Here is the link in case you are interested.......http://womeninthescriptures.blogspot.com/2008/12/importance-of-birth.html
ooops! somehow the whole link didn't get in there. here it is again.
http://womeninthescriptures.blogspot.com/2008/12/importance-of-birth.html
Sorry. I didn't know that I was logged in under Tony - it was me. Having technical difficulties today, I guess. I'll just stop now. :)
yeah! I'm so happy for you guys and glad things are going so good! It was so good to see you the other day! so excited to hear what you are having!
Post a Comment