Lately, I have been drawn to turn on my "chill out" playlist on Spotify. This is always the first song I listen to. When it starts, the soft sound of the piano and Sara singing makes me think of my husband. I have been missing him. I go to school every morning, I'm in class until 530pm and then I usually stay at school and attempt to do homework while I 'people watch' with friends. It's much more fun than you may think.
When I do come home, I want to be tucked in and snuggled while I fall asleep. I sleep more by myself these days than I do with Colin's cold toes touching my warm ones. I love our apartment but I don't always like going home. Because only I go home. There's no one waiting for me. Just for my phone call.
Colin, Five more weeks. No. Four and a half. I'll come live with you again in four and a half weeks. I'll make you hot chocolate before you go to work. I'll have dinner ready when you come home. I'll warm up your toes every night. We'll fall asleep in the middle of our conversations. We'll argue over what music to put. I'll kiss you and send you off to work. Four and a half weeks. No longer than that. And hopefully never again.
A week and a half and we will have been married for two years. Four and a half weeks til I come to live with you again. Five weeks and we will know if we'll be welcoming a little boy or a little girl into our new little family! Six weeks then Christmas. Seven weeks then New Years. And we'll start another year together.
I love you. Thinking of you always.
Love, Naomi
2 comments:
Naomi! This is such a sweet post! You and Colin are the best! Thanks for being such stellar examples :) 4.5 weeks and I am gonna miss ya like crazy, but I am also really excited for you to be in the same place as Colin again!
And I'm super excited to find out more about the newest addition to your family :)
4.5 weeks. You can do it. Rest assured that the other 2 stooges will do their best to make these last weeks more bearable for ya :)
PS, I love our nights in the Snow spent people-watching! Or...people-mocking...or moose-mocking...whichever......
Very Sweet. Little early congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. Hope you still get to see each other on the weekends, and can celebrate together. :)
Post a Comment