How do you blog about the last three years of your life? How do you acknowledge every person that has made a difference in your life? How do I share with you what I am leaving behind?
I don't know how. But these people know me. I know them and I hope every one of them knows how important they are to me. Certain people are meant to come in and out of your life at appointed times and only Heavenly Father knows when and why. I plan on staying thankful for those I am lucky enough to come in contact with.
I was so proud of Colin at graduation. Emotions welled as I thought about our little baby and how Colin strives to do well for our little family. He was awarded the Newel K Whitney Scholar Award by the Economics Department. The teachers nominate students to receive it. Only four students got it! Colin's teachers were really sad to see him leave. After he met Colin's dad, Brother Johnson sat with Colin in the graduates seats and talked with him. They have such a good relationship. Colin would disappear for two hours sometimes and not answer his phone. He would later confess to being in Brother Johnson's office. "Talking about what?" "Economics and stuff." Colin will be missed up there.
I haven't cried yet. It is coming though. Once school starts, I'll miss the new teachers, new classes, old friends, new music excitement, and the anticipation of an exciting semester. A new chapter of my life is starting and I couldn't be happier but I look back on the long and meaningful chapter that is closing with feelings of accomplishment and happiness. Every chapter must close.
It's always good when a chapter can close with a smile.
It's always good when a chapter can close with a smile.
1 comment:
Beautiful post! So glad you have fond memories!!
Post a Comment