I cant believe that this was already four weeks ago. My life has completely changed. This little bundle has brought us so much joy and smiles as well as tears and frustration. I haven't slept for more than three and a half hours at one time. He has a good night, then a bad one but we nap during the day together. We make it work.
Colin has been the most wonderful husband I could have ever asked for. Since I have been feeling so much better and recovered, I have had a hankering to get outside. I want to do yardwork! I can do bits here and there during the day while carrying the baby monitor with Jack inside sleeping but I have to be ready to drop what I'm doing when he wakes up. Yesterday, Colin stayed inside with Jack for two hours while I was in the nethermost part of the yard building a compost box. What a guy! I am exhausted and sore today but feel renewed from my outside time!
What a beautiful blessing it is to be a mom. I dont think it has fully hit me yet that this is MY kid but I get a glimpse when he arches his back to look up at my face while hes resting on my chest. This little kid is going to call me mom. The person who has that title deserves major points. I am starting to realize just how much a mom does to care for her child. It takes ALL of your time. You make time here and there for yourself but even during "my time," I cant stop thinking about whether or not Jack is doing ok- is he happy? is he comfortable?? A child takes your time but your entire being revolved around him. I am in love with this little guy. The poopy diapers, puke on my shirt, 2am tummy trouble screams aside, I love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment