I am out of practice blogging and don't even know where to start this post. So I'll just start.
Tonight, after putting Jack to bed I did my usual pickup, dishes, get ready for bed routine. I walked by Jacks room and the door was cracked. I swung it open and the hallway light showed his curled up little body in his crib. I couldn't help myself. I needed that little body. I scooped him up and brought him into my bed and laid next to him. I listened to his deep breathes as he sticked on his tongue in absence of a binki. I touched his cheek. I closed my eyes and cried. This little body, this little boy is the joy of my life. What was my life like before this kid was here? I don't remember and don't care. He is my future. He is my whole life. I didn't realize how much I could love a child until he came to me. He has taught me so much. He will always be my little boy. My "mini man."
And he better get used to snuggles. They will happen. He will live with them.
I Do Now
6 days ago

2 comments:
Glad you listened to the need and scooped him up for snuggles! That memory will be with you when he thinks he is too big for snuggles.
I had night like that when Spencer was a baby. Still remember the feeling to this day. :)
Yep, I might have just teared up a little. Love love love it Naomi. You're a good mommy.
fix my email so your blog posts come to me; medlady8@gmail.com
Post a Comment