We took Jack to Disneyland for his first time. I have to admit, a part of me didn't think it would be worth taking him so young- he probably wont remember it, wouldn't like rides, would be cranky- all the usual things that would go through a mothers head.
I am SO glad I didn't listen to myself. We had an amazing time. Jack loved all the rides we went on. He didn't get scared of the dark or loud noises. His favorite rides were Its a Small World and the Teacups. Buzz Lightyear was also fun because he found the lever that spins your seat- we went in circles the whole time. Colin was able to go on all the crazy rides with his brothers and nephews. I went on Space Mountain and Indiana Jones which was the extent of my intense rides. I am surprised I didn't throw up being pregnant but I LOVE those two rides.
We went with Colin's family. Six kids, their parents and the grandparents. Quite the entourage but so fun. We spit into groups and did little kid rides, got fast passes, visited Mickey and Santa- we did it all.
I never went to Disneyland as a kid. I do not blame my parents. Its expensive and can be stressful. I can only imagine what loosing a kid at Disneyland would be like. Colin, on the other hand, went at least every two years of his life. He knows all the ins and outs of the park. We made this trip happen and it was worth every penny- the time with family, the smiles on Jacks face and the feeling you get from Christmas is Disneyland was so awesome. I can make it through the Holiday season now that we took a few days off for a family vacation.
Utah welcomed us home with a foot of snow right after we got back
.
.







No comments:
Post a Comment