I planted my garden late this year so it hasn't been super fruitful. When I do work in the garden, Jack usually roams our massive yard pushing his lawnmower? Dragging the hose or pouring something from one container to the next. But today was different. I was picking plums off the tree and putting them into a bucket. He came over and immediately caught on, wanting to be held up to where he could pick them off the tree himself. After it was half filled, we went and picked the single struggling zucchini that made it to full size. Plop. Into the bucket. Basil, lots of it- into the bucket. One string bean- into the bucket. Then we came to the jalapeño plant. There were four ready and about six that were halfway there. I helped Jack pick four then went to get the hose. Upon return, he had picked three more and wasn't about to stop. He helped me water each plant and I think he almost drown a few. I tried to entice him in the house for bedtime but he ignored me and I could see him through the garden gate, flooding the garden pathway and jumping in the mud. (I've just accepted that he get dirty and there's nothing I can do about it) What would I do without that little one? He is my everything. He teaches me every day. Next year, we'll plant a bigger garden, on time, and work in it every day! I promise, my little Jack.
I Do Now
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment