Thursday, May 20, 2010

Holes to Heaven

(Fall 2009)

Life is simple and I love it.
I was at school all day. I got to be with people I love, doing what I love- Music.
I helped a student understand about musical modes.
I took a test today... and one yesterday too.
I went to Colin's work and talked to the receptionist about families.
I got the mail and we got a netflix movie.
I came home and started doing homework.
I talked to mom today.
I texted Sarah.
I have had the same wardrobe for years.
Our laundry basket is a never-ending volcano. Always barfing everywhere.
My hair is long enough to put all up in clips.
I never wear makeup. maybe on a special sunday... if I have time.
I read about Music in England in the 14th century.
Colin loaded and started the dishwasher last night before I got home.
I watched this video and cried. A lot. Colin wasn't home to catch me.

I was listening to a Jack Johnson song and he said, "there were so many fewer questions when stars were still just the holes to heaven." For me, everything is still simple. I am happy and blessed. My husband loves me. I talk to my sisters, brothers, mom and dad all the time. There are always clean socks in Colins drawer. There are otter pops in the freezer. Life is good. I'm happy.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Interesting that we have some things in common, and that some things don't change much with age...
I too have had the same wardrobe for years.
My laundry ROOM is a never-ending volcano...always barfing everywhere - sometimes out into the hall.
My hair is too long, and if I don't get it cut soon I just might shave my head myself!
I also never wear make-up - maybe on a special sunday...if I have time.
I also watched "that" video and read her blog, and cried. Alot. And got caught by my children.
My husband loves me. And so do my kids. Things can get challenging, and yes life is good. :)

Emilye Messerly said...

Okay I LOVE that you just said you have otter pops in your freezer...that takes me back! When the sign that summer had started in the Messerly/Medley household was that the trash was full of otter pop wrappers. I remember watching Rich and Gid eat 20-30 at a time...ahh the good old days!