Stay home and watch a movie? I think not. Colin and I went to Idaho Falls to buy a wood lathe. For those of you who dont know what that is, hopefully the pictures will help. We had no work bench or anything to put it on. So we built one.
Supplies we bought: Screws, bolts nut and washers, a 2x4 cut in half, and 2 sawhorses. We had the rest of the tools. We jimmy rigged it all up with minor complications like: our drill wasnt powerful enough so we had to screw everything in by hand, our bolt holes were off so we hammered the screws in, the sawhorses were a little too close together and we almost didnt get the nuts on the bolts. It took us almost 2 hours. With a drill that worked, it would have taken 45 minutes.
It was a good night. Good night!
4 comments:
You guys are awesome. Colin couldn't have found any other girl that would be into a wood lathe...naomi, you are one of a kind.
I'm putting in my order for a solid oak bed frame. That is awesome Colin, I'm jealous of your new toy.
Very cool. What else do you have planned to build with that thing? (aside from the full sized ship replica we were talking about earlier)
Wow, that IS an unusual Friday night date! You guys are amazing! Oh, and I will mention our most unusual Friday night date...buying a 40 lb. box of chicken that we thought was frozen...well it was fresh...so we spent the evening cutting off the fat and wrapping them in individual baggies so our freezer wouldn't turn them into one giant chicken blob!
Post a Comment