Colin and I love living in our little house. It's small and hard to keep clean due to low storage space. Sometimes I feel like things are spilling out of everywhere! Every once in a while, I'll go on craigslist or some home decor site and look and all the couches, nice beds, big bathrooms, framed mirrors. I could go on. Someday we'll have a house with storage space, non musty smelling bathroom, sittable furniture and a sleepable bed but right now I love those things. I fall to the middle of the bed at night. My butt is uncomfortable on our desk chair. Our computer is our TV. Our computer is bigger than most TVs. Dont sit on the futon too hard or it will break. We have leftover dishwasher soap from our last house because now we have no dishwasher. I have no counter space. I love these things. I love that after two weeks, I cant take it anymore and I sort and organize our closet. I love having to drag the laundry to the mat every Saturday. I love that our porch has been a sheet of ice since Thanksgiving. I love that I can never get the right sized bag for our small trash can. That our kitchen trashcan is a 5 gallon bucket. I love that our towels don't even fit in the bathroom. I love that for the first year of our marriage, our queen sized comforter was in the closet- we slept with our own blankets. We were both to stubborn to compromise. We've since wised up.
I love my life now and I hope I always will. I will always love what I am doing now. School home and husband now. Someday it will be different. But now, I am more than content.
2 comments:
I love this Naomi.... I'm so glad you added it to your blog!
Ha Ha HA. Me and Aaron STILL sleep with our own blankets. Stubborn is a good word. And my husband is rather picky. Just wait until you get pregnant in a place like that. You'll say goodbye to the days that you "loved" all those quirky things. Way to live it up nomes.
Post a Comment