Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Today

Today was a special day.

I rode by bike to school in the rain.
I fell asleep in a chair at school for a power nap.
I conducted a cello sectional.
But that's not why.

I competed for the high score on an iphone game with Colin and I should have won.
I had a craving for rice and made it for dinner.
Colin did all the dishes. ALL the dishes.
But that's not why.

I had a cello lesson today.
I had my hair down all day. Well almost.
I didnt wear makeup.
But that's not why.

I tried to conduct Beethovens fifth.
I wore Argyle socks with flats.
I had an apple for lunch.
But that's not why.

Two years ago, Colin asked me to marry him.
I said yes.

Best decision ever.

Thats why today was special.

3 comments:

Jessica Rose said...

I love this, and I am so glad, two years later, that you said yes!

Brennan said...

Ok, that is such a cute post! I love it! :)

Diana said...

Sweet! Love the poem. What a gem for future generations!