It's the little things that I love about being a mom. This morning, Jack slept in a little longer than he usually does, which was nice because Colin and I couldn't sleep because the crazy wind storm kept waking us up. So when he decided to wake up, I went in grabbed Jack and came back into my bed. Daddy was nowhere near a level of consciousness so I pulled back the curtain and Jack and I laid on the bed and watched our tree sway in the wind. He curled up next to me, binki in mouth of course, and laid still as I stroked his face and neck. All I wanted to do was to keep him in my arms like that forever. Yep, I had one of those mommy moments- I want to keep him safe in my arms forever and never let the world get to him. Can't he grow up like that? I want to tell myself that but the world is waiting for him. I will teach him good and bad and I'll always be here to encourage him which he should choose.
Whether I like it or not, Jack is growing. I've told him multiple times to stop but he just won't listen.
I Do Now
6 days ago

1 comment:
I keep wondering why they have to grow up too. They change too fast! Jack is so adorable though
Post a Comment