Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Nostalgia

Being pregnant makes me weirdly nostalgic. I think about how much has happened just in the past 5 years. I have come so far, accomplished so many goals and grown so much as a person. I think about it a lot.

Colin's friend in the ward asked to interview him for an English paper. He came over and explained he is writing a profile on someone's journey to where they are today. As I am downstairs watching the Olympics, I listen in to what Colin is saying. As I am nostalgic, Colin doesn't go down memory lane very often. I kept the TV on mute as I heard Colin talk about how he felt about going to BYU Idaho, changing his career goals, how getting married affected his studies and goals, etc; so many things that I loved hearing him say. There are so many things I love about Colin but one of my favorite is how smart and knowledgeable he is about the things that make our life's enjoyable and happy.

-

I had a moment this morning. A snapshot I want remember. Colin is working from home this week and doesn't have to get up super early. Jack woke up, I got him a bottle, and laid him in bed with us. I laid down between Colin and Jack. He drank his bottle loudly while I watched him. Baby started his morning wiggles in my tummy so there we were. Three soon to be four of us. Me and my boys. I smiled. Three months and little one will be here. It will be here before I know it.

No comments: