The scriptures spoke right to me the other day.
Doctrine and Covenants 6:14(excerpts)
"...for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou are at this time.
...and now i tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou hast been enlightened by the spirit of truth.
... there is non else save God that knowest thy thoughts and intents of thy heart.
Therefore be diligent; Stand by my servant [Colin], faithfully, in whatsoever difficult circumstances he may be..."
This was a bit of a reality check for me. I know I am living where I am, I have the education I do because of the choices I have made. The spirit has helped me through all of that. The intents of my heart need to always be sincere.
The last little part prompted me to reflect on what the upcoming months will bring: Colin will be working down in Salt Lake City while I finish school in Rexburg Idaho. I know its a wonderful opportunity and I am supporting him in that. The next few months may be a little hard but they will be worth it in the long run. With the Lord on our side in our decisions, we can do anything.
1 comment:
Good luck with this semester...I hope it goes fast so that you can be together again. But also enjoy your last semester of college! It's a neat time in life and sometimes I miss it!
Post a Comment